A Simple Refashion

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 in Projects, Refashion, Sewing | 0 comments

purplerefashion

I bought this dress when I weighed about 30 pounds more than I do now and never actually got to wear it. I originally had plans to take it in rather than to refashion it, but then I made a mistake… when I went to slash, I had a moment of incompetence with a pair of scissors, and let’s just say a dress wasn’t really possible anymore.

So in an attempt to salvage it, I turned it into a blouse! The bottom hem is bound with black bias pe and slipstitched on the inside. Otherwise, it’s just the bodice of the dress taken in. It’s still a tiny bit snug, but not entirely unwearable :-)

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: